Feeling anxious about taking a test? Don't sweat it!!! A little bit of anxiety before a test is normal, and if you are feeling really really really anxious, try these strategies to help calm your nerves.
- Share how you feel with a parent/guardian, a teacher, or a trusted adult.
- Think of the test as an opportunity to show what you know.
- Review homework an materials that pertain to the test topic(s). The more you know about the subject, the less anxious you will feel.
- Avoid cramming right before the test.
- Relax, breathe deeply, and just take one question at a time.
- Remember that the test is only one way your academic performance is measured