Monday, March 26, 2012
Testing Strategies for Students: Test Preparation
Preparing for a Test
· Maintain good study habits: Do your class work.
o Have a clear understanding of homework assignments before leaving class.
o Make a study schedule and follow it.
o Also, be sure to write down all tests dates. This will help you make your study schedule.
o Tell a parent or guardian about schoolwork and homework.
o Turn all homework in on time
o Get all make-up assignments when returning from an absence.
o See teachers for additional help.
· Seek and use past homework assignments, class notes, and available review material
· Get a good night’s rest and eat a normal breakfast before testing.
· Immediately before testing: just relax. If you feel anxious, close your eyes and take deep breaths.
· Remember that a test is just one way, not the only way, in which your academic performance is measured.