Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Friendship Quiz for Girls ages 8-12
adapted from: http://spoonful.com/sites/default/files/0604sleepovergoodfriendquiz.pdf
1. Some friends in your group are making fun of your best friend’s new glasses. You…
a. join in
b. say nothing
c. tell them they’re just jealous of her new look and then walk away
2. You really want to be Goldilocks, the best part in the school play- (the main characters in Goldilocks and the 3 Bears). You try out, but your best friend ends up getting the part and you have to play the baby bear. You…
a. Tell your friend she will be a great “Goldilocks” and ask her if she wants to practice with you sometime
b. Tell her that you would have been a better Goldilocks, but at least you got your second favorite part in the play
c. Decide you are not going to be in the play if you can’t get the part you wanted and decide not to talk to your friend anymore
3. You tell your best friend you’re getting a new dog and you’re going to name her Sparkles. Next thing you know, she’s got a new dog named Sparkles! You
a. yell at her for copying you and tell her to find a new friend
b. go ahead and name your dog Sparkles – besides, your dog is cuter!
c. choose another name for your dog and teach her to attack your former best friend’s dog (kidding!)
4. You’re home and VERY VERY sick with the flu. Your best friend never calls or stops by to see how you’re doing. So when she comes down with the flu a week later, you
a. decide to be a kinder, gentler best friend and bring her a get-well care package
b. don’t call. Two can play this game.
c. call her, then tell her in a dramatic way how horrible you felt and how gross it was the whole time you had the flu and that it will probably get worse!
5. You and Suzie made plans to go to the mall. Then Brianna calls and invites you to go to Dave and Buster’s. You love Dave and Buster’s! You…
a. tell Suzie about Brianna’s invite and ask if it’d be all right if the two of you went to the mall the next day (since you don’t get to go to Dave and Buster’s that often)
b. politely thank Brianna for the invite but tell her you already have plans
c. tell Brianna, “Yes! I’ll be ready in 10,” then call Suzie with a made-up story about not feeling well
6. You and some friends are planning on going to the skating rink. You really don’t want to invite your friend Alex because she’s so bad at skating, it’s embarrassing. After thinking about it, you
a. invite her. After all, she’s only going to embarrass herself.
b. don’t invite her. Hey, you’re saving her from embarrassment!
c. invite her, then schedule some practice time before hand to help her out
7. Your friend borrows one of your favorite shirts. When she returns it, she thanks you, but doesn’t mention the big stain on the front of it. You
a. scream at her for ruining your favorite shirt, then demand that she pay you in full for it
b. ask her calmly what happened; maybe there’s a good explanation.
c. don’t say anything, but vow to borrow one of her favorite shirts in the future and ruin it!
Now, add up your points to see what kind of friends you are!
1. a=1, b=2, c=3
2. a=3, b=2, c=1
3. a=1, b=3, c=2
4. a=3, b=2, c=1
5. a=2, b=3, c=1
6. a=2, b=1, c=3
7. a=2, b=3, c=1
18-21 Points: Great Friend.
Your friends are really lucky to have you for a pal, and you’ve probably got some good buds around you, too. You will have many friendships that will last a lifetime.
10-17 Points: Fairly good friend.
You strike a nice balance of being fair to your friends and sticking up for yourself when problems arise. This year, your circle of friends will grow even bigger.
7-10 Points: Fair weather friends.
You are a good friend as long as things are going your way, but as soon as your friends goof up- whoosh, you’re gone! Try to lighten up a bit and weather the storms with your friends- good times are ahead for you this year.
Posted by Sara at 2:41 PM