- Small flowers (pansies, violets, buttercups, daisies, and so on)
- Newspaper or other absorbent paper
- Heavy book
- Plain note cards, note paper, or construction paper
- Clear contact paper
Have the child pick an assortment of small flowers. Make sure she picks them when they’re free of rain or dew.
- Place flowers between sheets of newspaper, making sure the flowers don’t touch each other.
- Cover the paper with a heavy book.
- Leave the flowers for a week or so until they’re completely dried.
- To make stationery, have your child glue the pressed flowers onto plain note cards or note paper.
- She can also glue the flowers onto construction paper gift tags.
- To make a collage, have your child glue the flowers onto construction paper.
- Turn the collage into a placemat by covering it with clear contact paper.