Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Constructing Sentences

Have you ever built something? When you build something, you put the pieces together just right so that it can work properly. When you’re forming sentences you connect the words and “build” a sentence. Here’s a game that lets you have fun with constructing sentences! Write the following sentences on pieces of paper and tear the paper so there is one word on each section. Then try to recreate the sentence by moving around the pieces. You can also make up your own sentences.



The elephant was sad because the crocodile had taken his lunch away from him and eaten it!
When I was walking down the sidewalk, I saw a dog chasing after a cat.
My gloves no longer fit me so I threw them away.
When sleeping, you should always make sure that there are no gorillas in the bed with you.
Yesterday, I told my mother that I wanted to go to Tokyo.
My father said that while I cannot go to Tokyo, I am allowed to go to Australia.
Kangaroos carry their babies in a pouch on their stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment